Monday, March 12, 2007

A Taste of Home – Or Atleast as Close as You can Get

Since I am still hoping to move south in the next week and a half or so, I am trying to soak up all the joys and luxuries of the big city. Once I move to Aquk everyday will be laghman and pollo with hardly any variety in the daily menu. But while I am still in the city there are choices.

There is KFC, there is Pizza Hut(except it is not hala) and there are three foreign restaurants run by other foreigners. Ones like the Vine- which has a Caribbean feel, The Rendezvous – which has borsch on the menu and Texas Café – I guess they are not really tastes of home, but they’re about as close as you can get. I can take my computer down there, get on their wireless connection, catch up on emails, and spend a couple of hours drinking real coffee. So during the meals that I am not out with friends saying goodbye I am trading in my noodles for pizza and hamburgers, I better enjoy it while I can… all good things must come to an end.


Relaxing at The Vine with a Friend

The Front of the Texas Cafe

No comments: