Monday, April 30, 2007

Earth’s Loss is Heaven’s Gain

On Saturday, April 28th my grandfather Lionel Arthur (Art) joined the praising crowd around the throne of God. At the age of 85 he had lived a long and full life that was an example to all of us who loved and admired him.

While he may be gone, the lessons that he taught us about life and faith will carry as a legacy for generations to come. I feel fortunate to have been raised in the shadow of such a great cloud of witnesses. I hope that I will be able throw off everything that hinders because by faith Art lived his life as an example for his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather. It can feel like such a hold in your life when someone so important to you isn't there. He must have been incredibly proud of you. I know I would be if you were my granddaughter. Please accept my deep sympathy. I was touched by what you wrote about him. He was obviously quite something.

I am again happy to see you posting again.

T.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I'm sorry to hear about this. :( I'll be praying for you and your family!