Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lost in My Own World

If you read my last post then you know I have done my share of travelling. I am familiar with hopping on and off trains, catching flights and being on the go. In fact one of my friends once said that if she was ever on the Amazing Race she would want me as a team mate. After yesterday they may want to rethink that decision

Yesterday I was scheduled to take the morning train home from Brantford to Windsor. Sadly to say I miss read my ticket and showed up half an hour late for my 8:55 train. I had to pay $15 to change my leaving time to 1 o’clock in the afternoon. The weird thing is that the Brantford train station closes for over an hour in the middle of the morning. I had to go to a local coffee shop and sit and wait (there was no Timmy’s within six blocks, so I ended up at some Kelly’s Korner Koffee, let me say it is just not the same).

Oh how the mighty have fallen, there will be no race across the world for me when I can’t even read a simple train ticket printed in my mother tongue.

No comments: