Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hope

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the government had given me a birthday present by promising to open up communication again in our province. Today we had our first hint that they intend to keep that promise. Today, (January l6th) I got a Text message from my friend.

I know that doesn't sound like a big deal to most of you, but if you are a faithful reader of my blog you will remember that I used to be addicted to texting friends as a short simple means of communication. Since July of last year the government has turned off our ability to send and receive text messages. The only ones we have gotten in the last seven months were text from the government either reminding us to be good citizens, or ones telling us how they have punished people who weren't.

But today's simple text message is like a ray of hope in our world. Today text messaging.... tomorrow international phone calls or Internet?

No comments: