2. On a trip to Thailand I had the chance to sit down with a counselor who after hearing the stresses of life, was surprised that I was not just a puddle on the floor. She was very encouraging.
3. Ate a grasshopper
4. Was proposed to, again :)
5. Got caught in a desert sand storm
7. Spent some good bonding time with my now sister-in-law and had the honor of standing up in their wedding as she married my brother
8. Got to hang out with all of my friends from college and got to rejoice in old friendships
10. Took four trips to the southern part of our province, most of them were for work acting as translator for tour groups. Thankfully no one got lost or died on any of these adventures, which is pretty amazing considering the bus fell off the highway, we took unknown medicine, I was asked if I was pregnant and we spent hours and hours on the sleeper bus
11. Watched a woman get hit in the head by a brick during a wind storm, learned later that she had died because of it.
12. Helped several people settle in to their new life here by sharing years of crazy stories
13. My roommate, business partner, and good friend (all the same girl) started dating a guy back in the states and decided to move home.
14. Improved my Uyghur dance skills while wearing leopard print and sparkles
15. Celebrated holiday with both local and foreign good friends