Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Visa Saga Part Five - Waiting for Vacation to End

Take the above documents to the District Police Station and get their stamp of approval. This is one of the last steps in the process and I am anticipating being done quickly. Monday, however was International Woman"s Day and the lady I needed to see decided to take the day off.

Tuesday morning the office was crowded but at least the woman was working. She too needed to come by the office and inspect it before she could sin off the paper work. She promised to call me sometime between Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon when she was on her way to the office. Since I didn't know when she would come, I planned to sit at the office and just wait for her. I didn't hear from her on Wednesday, the phone didn't again ring on Thursday, by Friday at lunch I was still sitting there by myself. I left the office to grab a quick lunch, and ran into a New Zealand woman who was also working on her visa. She told me that when she went by the District Police Station in the morning there was a notice on the door stating they would be closed until April 5th (two weeks after my 30 days is over).

Seeing is believing so I swung by the office to read the note myself. Sure enough the woman I spent three days waiting for was gone and wouldn't be back until it was too late to help me. One of her work mates was able to give me the phone number of a guy "who might be able to help".

Recap: 14 days - 1 week (7 days) = 7 days

No comments: